NOTE: This Task Force Session will be held at the Semblex Corporation, 900 Church Road, Elmhurst and will begin at 10:00 AM. For those staying for the Train-the-Trainer
NOTE: This Task Force Session will be held at the Semblex Corporation, 900 Church Road, Elmhurst and will begin at 10:00 AM. For those staying for the Train-the-Trainer session, there will be an optional plant tour from 2 PM to 2:45 PM. Register for each session separately please. Attendance is limited to 2 per WCTI Member Company.
This meeting will include:
- Introduction of WCTI members.
- Concerns/Questions, significant incidents or near misses and corrective actions.
- Exemplary Practice – discuss something you do that has helped with getting employees involved in safety and changing your culture.
- Upcoming events scheduled.
- Contact with OSHA: inspections, reporting, consultation
- Workshop: Mark Lies, attorney with Seyfarth Shaw will present the legal side of workplace violence. Points of discussion include how to:
- recognize the four types of workplace violence
- develop an effective workplace violence prevention policy
- identify the behaviors that can predict workplace violence
- conduct a timely investigation of threats and decide on appropriate disciplinary action without violating employment anti discrimination laws
- protect the workplace from a potentially violent former employee or third party
- respond to an Active Shooter incident
- develop a policy to address employee firearms at the workplace
Mark A. Lies, II is an attorney in the Workplace Safety and Environmental Group in the Chicago office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Mr. Lies is a partner who focuses his practice in the areas of products liability, occupational safety and health, workplace violence, construction litigation and related employment litigation. Mr. Lies can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org (312/460-5877)
A catered lunch will be provided by WCTI at 11:45 AM.
MSAP Bonus Points (.5) given for participation in the Phone-in session, (.5) for attending Task Force and (.5) for Train-the-Trainer. Register for each session separately.
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 12:30 pm Central
900 North Church Road
RSVP to event
You must login to RSVP for this event Login Now