WCTI members have access to high quality, reliable, and affordable Workers Compensation coverage, as well as “hands on” extensive safety services.
Members must be a light to medium risk manufacturing facility located in the state of Illinois. WCTI is committed to adding members with solid safety programs.
WCTI members commit to these expectations:
- Report all claims to CCMSI, preferably within 24 hours, but no later than five days.
- Pay all WCTI invoices in a timely fashion.
- Participate in the Member Safety Audit Program. MSAP is a structured plan that will help create an improved performance in our members’ safety programs.
- Conduct pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and post-accident testing when there is a reasonable possibility that the employee’s drug use could have contributed to the reported injury or illness.
- Maintain a positive management safety commitment.
- Participate in all scheduled loss control visits (members receive a minimum of quarterly visits).
- Maintain group health insurance.
- Make no in-house payment of medical bills related to work injury.
WCTI’s minimum premium requirement is $30,000 in standard premium.
Eligible risks must meet the following criteria:
- The following 3-year trended expected loss (TEL) ratio is required:
- $30,000–$50,000 in standard premium, TEL less than 40%
- $51,000–$100,000 in standard premium, TEL less than 45%
- Over $100,000 in standard premium, less than 50%
- Light to medium risk manufacturing and related industries
- Illinois domiciled company
- Minimal occupational disease exposure
- Limited chemical exposure
- No hazardous material handling
- Group health insurance coverage required
The following information is needed in order to provide a proposal:
- Completed work comp ACORD application.
- Current year and prior year NCCI experience mod worksheet.
- Premium history for current year.
- Loss runs for 5 years, valued within 6 months of the proposed effective date.
- Details on losses valued $25,000 or more in the last 5 years.
- Narrative describing operations/locations and current safety program.
- Description of how raw products are received and finished products are delivered.
Submissions can be sent directly to Angie Blakeney.
Once the prospect has completed the underwriting qualification, a proposal will be generated. Upon the prospect’s acceptance of the proposal, the following need to be completed two weeks prior to the effective date:
- Statement of Intent
- $500 deposit check
- New Member Probation
- Statement of Financial Solvency from bank
Once the above information is received, an extensive loss control survey will be conducted followed by a Trustee conference call for a final decision on admittance.
- 0 – 50 Employees 33%
- 51 – 150 Employees 47%
- 151 – 250 Employees 17%
- Over 250 Employees 3%
- New Members in 2017 & 2018 5%
- Members for 2 to 5 Years 35%
- Members for 5 to 10 Years 18%
- Members for Over 10 Years 43%
Top 10 Classes of Businesses (by total payroll)
Precision Parts Manufacturing • Sheet Metal Manufacturing • Screw Manufacturing • Tool Manufacturing • Plastics Manufacturing • Machine Shop • Hardware Manufacturing • Gear Manufacturing • Metal Stamped Goods Manufacturing • Food Sundries Manufacturing
Total Group Standard Premium
Average Member Standard Premium
Total Group Payroll
Average Member Payroll