Registration Deadline is Thursday, April 18, 2019 It is time for the 2019 WCTI Annual Meeting! This meeting is for you and for anyone in your organization who has responsibility for
Registration Deadline is Thursday, April 18, 2019
It is time for the 2019 WCTI Annual Meeting! This meeting is for you and for anyone in your organization who has responsibility for safety, claims or the financial aspect of your workers’ compensation program. The following topics will be presented in breakout sessions. Please refer to the emailed Annual Meeting invitation for more information and use the registration form below to make your selections.
CCMSI Underwriting and Accounting
- How to interpret the Adjustment Bill and the Preliminary Adjustment Bill.
- Early return of deposit held.
Jamie Dunn, CCMSI
- Learn how to empower your employees, safety committee members and managers to recognize their collective roles in accident avoidance and occurrence.
- Examine the role each individual plays in creating a safe working environment.
- Understand how awareness of not only your surroundings but also your own actions and the actions of others impacts safety in the workplace
Training Programs, Resources and Tracking
Phil Loughnane, CCMSI
- Resources available within WCTI and how to access them.
- WCTI training programs and updates.
- WCTI’s new training matrix.
- Presentations from the Annual Meeting safety sponsors.
Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission
Mario Basurto and Dan Ugaste from Nyhan, Bambrick, Kinzie & Lowry
- Defense counsel’s role in defending WCTI Members.
- Explanations of terminology such as the status call and the three year line.
- Cases at Arbitration.
- Discussion of the trial and appeal process
OSHA Update, Workplace Safety and Health Liabilities
Mark A. Lies II, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- OSHA’s current enforcement agendas including heat illness, workplace violence and powered industrial trucks. ·
- Civil and Criminal Liability of Employers and Managers and how to avoid them.
- OSHA recordkeeping including the revised post accident drug screen policy.
- Responding to OSHA written complaints and Rapid Response Investigations (RRI) without admitting liability. ·
- Preparing employees for OSHA interviews.
- How to effectively defend against an OSHA citation.
Vendors that can help your company manage your safety and claim needs will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Please register below and choose your lunch and sessions.
If you have questions prior to registering, contact Robin Bodine.
You will receive an email with the registration information you submitted. If you don’t see it, check your “junk” email folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your allowed email contacts.
(Friday) 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
3003 Corporate West Drive, Lisle, IL 60532 US