We are offering a one day Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® training which equips you with skills, confidence, and an effective framework to safely manage & prevent difficult behavior. Be part of
We are offering a one day Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® training which equips you with skills, confidence, and an effective framework to safely manage & prevent difficult behavior.
- Be part of something big & join thousands of other orgs in creating a safer workplace.
- Boost staff confidence in knowing how to choose the least restrictive intervention.
- Comply with legislation and regulatory & accreditation guidelines.
- Create a culture of safety with empathy, compassion, and respect.
- Enhance care and support for staff and the people you serve.
- Improve communication among staff by establishing a common language.
- Improve employee retention by giving staff the skills to resolve crisis moments.
- Improve relationships among staff and the people in your care.
- Increase productivity with better tools and skills for staff.
- Minimize the risks of potential liability.
- Raise staff skill at using verbal and nonverbal de-escalation techniques.
- Reduce the risk of injury by decreasing the number of physical interventions.
The one day Foundation course focuses on prevention and verbal intervention (de-escalation) practice – techniques to eliminate physical intervention.
- Crisis Development Model (foundation)
- Nonverbal Communication
- Paraverbal and Verbal Communication
- Verbal Intervention
- Precipitating Factors and Rational Detachment
- Staff Fear and Anxiety
- Decision Making
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
The maximum number of participants is 40 so we encourage registering early. An invoice will be emailed based on the number of participants. The cost is $19.95 per person (non-refundable) for the workbook.
The speaker, Maureen VanDerBilt is a Loss Control Consultant with CCMSI. She has a Bachelor of Science Degree majoring in Law Enforcement Administration from Western Illinois University. She has attained Certifications for Certified Safety Manager through the American Society of Safety Engineers, Certified Director of Safety through the North American Transportation Management Institute, Certified Defensive Driving instructor through the National Safety Council, and Certified Associate Instructor through the Crisis Prevention Institute.
In her current role, Maureen provides loss control services for multi-line insurance exposures in the restaurant and government entities. Her responsibilities include: internal resource development, training and education, and loss reduction strategies. Maureen is a member of the National Association of Safety Professionals.
MSAP Bonus Points (1) will be given for attending this full day session.
(Thursday) 7:00 am - 4:00 pm Central
CCMSI Lisle Office
3333 Warrenville Road
RSVP to event
You must login to RSVP for this event Login Now