This a phone-in/webinar on Managing Claims is for all WCTI Members who have this accountability at their company. If your role is to input claims, influence claim outcomes, provide information to
This a phone-in/webinar on Managing Claims is for all WCTI Members who have this accountability at their company.
If your role is to input claims, influence claim outcomes, provide information to the adjusters or give authority to guide the claim in the direction they want, then this session is for you.
What you will learn:
- Which data fields are significant when entering a claim.
- The forms needed at the start of a new claim, including the signed medical release and wage statement.
- Roles of the medical only adjuster and the indemnity adjusters.
- Roles of a nurse on the claim.
- What is an Independent Medical Examination, how and when this is employed.
- Frequently used acronyms in medicine and insurance.
- How we use a job description and why they are key.
- When to bring surveillance onto the claim.
- The function of Medicare in claims management.
This session will be presented by CCMSI Senior Claims Adjusters, Deb Schiesl and Georgiann Quattrochi.
Deb’s experience includes 20 years claims experience, as an emergency paramedic and working with a variety of insurance carriers covering a range of accounts and different states. Deb has been with WCTI since 2014.
Georgiann has been with CCMSI for 4 years, dedicated to the WCTI account. She is a multi-state licensed adjuster as well as a multi-line adjuster, handling all lines of insurance. Her experience since 1992 includes working with TPA’s as well as insurance carriers and managing an insurance agency.
Learning material and the call-in number with webinar “Go-to-Meeting” link will be sent to all registered attendees 1 to 2 days prior to this event.
MSAP Bonus Points (.5) will be given for this Phone-in Webinar session.
(Wednesday) 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Central
CCMSI Lisle Office
3333 Warrenville Road
RSVP to event
You must login to RSVP for this event Login Now